Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Time to finally catch up!

Finding time to do this blogging thing has not always been easy for me, but I would like to try a little harder to keep everyone up to date with the daily (realistically, the weekly) activities of our family.

We are settling into this new Texas lifestyle. Jamie is back to work, trying to get everything ready to start rolling as a Account Manager in the new year. We are all adjusting to apartment living...some a little easier than others. When we first moved in, Aida was sure that is was a hotel and we must only be staying here for a short time. I don't know as though she still totally understands the idea of people living above us and why we can't go into their home too, but she is adjusting and loves that her new room has her own bathroom attached. Oakley on the other hand, does not like all of the strange noises and the coming and going of everyone in the apartment. We are constantly reminding him to "relax", as Aida has even began to tell him.

Aida & I are finding our way around town and slowing find some activities to do. We have found a library that we really like, which has a storytime program as well. I will say it is not quite the same without our beloved storytime friends, Ms. Laura or Bongo stamps, but it will do for now. After the new year, I would also like to get Aida into a gymnastics class and maybe even some swimming lessons. The internet is a wonderful tool to finding all the local going-ons, but I have also found it is also kind of a trial and error process to see what she likes and doesn't like.

In the meantime, I have just been enjoying life a little slower! Our last few weeks in Georgia, we were so busy that it is nice to have a little time to sit back and read a book for a change. Aida & I have been doing a little baking as well. Much to our sadness, we will not be heading back to Michigan for the holidays this year, so I thought we would make a few of the goodies that we would normally enjoy back home.

I will leave you with a few recent pictures of our sweet Aida.



Helping to make daddy's favorite peanut butter blossom cookies


Just had to "try" a Kershey Kiss as she unwrapped them!

No comments:

Post a Comment