Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rainy day fun!

Monday I was feeling a little run down (the weather switching from 70 to 45 every two days brings out some colds) and the forecast was rain all day, so we decided to lay low all day. Staying inside all day is not something Aida generally likes to do. After letting her watch an extra show on TV and playing castle, tea party and princesses more times than countable, she was off and running. Literally running, around and around our small apartment kitchen island.

I thought this was the perfect time to turn to one of the ideas I had recently seen on Pinterest...painting with shaving cream paint in the bathtub! I bought the more inexpensive shaving cream at Target the other day, so I pulled that out as our base. The article had said to use food coloring to make the colors, but this just sounded like a bad idea to me. All I could picture was stained walls/grout and worse, stained Aida! So, I used Crayola washable paints instead and they worked perfectly.

It was a great time to show Aida how mixing certain colors together yields other colors. Especially since we only had 4 color; red, blue, green and yellow and she started out asking for pink and purple shaving cream.

So, we made out "paints" and off to the bathtub we went. She started out with a paint brush, but slowly decided that using her hands was a much better idea. One part of being a mother that I tend to fail at is allowing Aida to get dirty, so I decided this was the perfect time to let go. She had a blast covering most of the bath tub walls and most of herself! The best part was that she was already in the bathtub, so clean up was a cinch!

(Excuse the crazy hair...since we weren't going anywhere, I told Aida that she could get away with not doing her hair and she was a okay with that)






We go to pick up Aunt Paula from the airport tomorrow, so it will be a fun long weekend with lots of hugs, kisses and playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment