Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Our Cowgirl!

Aida is really embracing the Texas lifestyle! A good friend who used to live in Texas, gave us a "Texas Bucket List" before we left and one of the items on it was "Pink cowgirl boots". Well Aida's aren't pink, but she got her first pair of cowgirl boots and she couldn't be more excited! Actually, they are her second pair, but the first pair that she has actually worn. Her aunts/grandparents had given her some pink boots two years ago for Christmas, but since she is so particular about what goes on her feet, she never wore them.

So, this time around I was a bit hesitant to buy her any boots, as generally she will only wear flip flops or "tapping shoes" (ballet flats). But, after going to the store and trying them on a few times, this last time she did not want to take them off, so they finally came home with us and every time we go outside they are on her feet!

On the way home, Jamie said "Aida, now your a cowgirl" and her response was "No dad, I am not a cowgirl yet...I still need a hat and cowgirl clothes!" Well we have found a makeshift hat and she has decided that her clothes will do for now, but I think we have a true Texan at heart forming!




1 comment: