Jamie would go to the end of the Earth and back for Aida. They share a special bond that I truly hope lasts forever! Whenever I say something to Aida about her being mommy's little girl (or anything like that), her response is always "NO, I am daddy's little girl!". I have come to terms with this and am ah okay with it. Aida, I hope that you always think of yourself as "Daddy's little girl"!
Jamie works so hard to give Aida (and me) the best life possible and I am trying to be better about thanking him for that on a more regular basis. Maybe Valentine's day coming up has made me a little mushy, but I thought he deserved a quick post with a few cute pictures of Aida and her beloved daddy!
So, this past Friday night we realized at about 7pm that Aida's night light had burned out. I was not really interested in running to the store at this point and had hoped we could make it one night without it. We put her to bed and quiet for about 5 minutes, then I heard "Mom, my flash light (that is what she calls it) is not on". My quick solution was to allow her to sleep with her ladybug flashlight, which also worked for about 10 minutes. Then I heard, "Mom, there are monsters in my room", so I went in there and she showed me that the flash light was making funny shadows on the wall and this bothered her. I was resigned to just put her in our bed and call it a night, but daddy stepped in and said "How about Aida & I camp out on her floor for the night. That way you can still get a good night sleep in the bed and Aida will think it is tons of fun", so this is the way they slept for the night and she was more than thrilled!


Disclaimer: Sorry Jamie, I know you dislike stuff like this ;) but you deserve a few props sometimes!
No comments:
Post a Comment