Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Valentine's Day!

Yes, I know I am a bit late posting, but Aida had such a sweet day that I didn't want it to go untold. I am going to play a little catch up and try to get a few posts up tonight.

Jamie and I have never done much for Valentine's Day. Maybe out to dinner or a few flowers, but nothing over the top. But now that Aida is old enough to understand the different holidays we thought we would make it a little more special for her.

Daddy started the holiday off right by surprising Aida & I with flowers the night before Valentine's Day. Daddy also gave Aida a special Princess card that even sang and she was beyond excited to have such a special card from her daddy. Over night Cupid visited Aida and left her a balloon and a few little goodies (a Pinkalicious book, stickers, and the most important a new magic wand). We had to have something pink for breakfast, so Aida & I made pink heart shaped pancakes. I let her add her own sprinkles to the top ;) They have become a favorite in her eyes, and have been made a few other times since then as well (minus the sprinkles on top...those are only for special occasions).

The rest of the day, we spent doing our normal Tuesday activities. It was a beautiful day outside, so we made a special trip to a new park which was a big hit! Mommy then took Aida for her first Slurpee! Slurpee's are a favorite of both mom and dad (dad a little more) in the summer, so it just seemed right to introduce them to Aida as well. We ended the day with a nice family dinner at home and lots of kisses for Aida before bed, but wait that is no different than any other night because kissing those little cheeks is just irresistible!



No comments:

Post a Comment