For everyone who knows Aida, it probably doesn't come with surprise that after we moved her into her big girl bed she was having a hard time falling asleep again at night and during the day. She was even having a problem staying asleep; waking up many nights and needing mommy to "rock me for 5 more minutes, please". I really did ask Jamie if we could just put the crib back up and he said "no, it will get better" and it did.
With the transition to her big girl bed, also came not taking "cocoa" (milk) to bed with her. Yes, yes, I know taking milk to bed is a bad idea. Lesson learned, but we have finally broken through and no longer have milk in bed. This was a very rough transition, as her plyns "blankies" and cocoa are her security items. She still drinks lots of cocoa during the day, but after many nights of tears we seem to be into a good routine. Thank goodness!
I really shouldn't complain too much, as we have not had any problems with her staying in the bed. In fact, she still does not even get herself up in the morning and I am okay with that. I still love going in and getting her out of bed, and we don't ever have to worry about her getting out at night or during nap time. I will keep this going as long as possible!
I think we are finally into a good routine and life seems to be settling down in the sleeping department; that is until baby girl gets here in 10 weeks!
Helping take apart her crib. She loves to play with tools!
Testing out her new bed.
Finally sleeping the first night after pulling all sorts of books off the shelf behind her.
So precious!
No comments:
Post a Comment