For starters, even though most everyone already knows, a big event that I think needs mentioning on the blog is that Aida is going to be a BIG SISTER in late November! Some days she asks often about her "sister", but other days she doesn't mention it at all.
When we first told her that she was going to have a baby brother or sister, she simply replied with "No, I already have a sister. Her name is Ava and she lives in Georgia." Ava was the little girl that I watched at our home while we lived in Georgia. We watched her grow up for the first year of her life, and both Aida & I loved her very much! They were liked sisters.
We have now convinced her that it is okay for her to have "another" sibling. However, if you ask her she will tell you she wants it to be a sister and we should name her Ava. We will be finding out in two weeks whether she will get her wish for a sister or not. Unfortunately, she will not be getting the wish of the name Ava. While it is a nice name, it is much to close to Aida.
Today, we sat down and were looking through all of her baby pictures. This led to me explaining to her that babies are born in hospitals, so when the time comes mommy & daddy will be going to the hospital and bringing back her new sibling. We don't know all the details of the day yet, as to who will be staying here with her and such, so I am glad she didn't want to go into much detail after that.
We are all very excited to meet this new little one in just a few months!
No comments:
Post a Comment